World Plumbing day is an international event, initiated by the World Plumbing Council, held on 11 March each year to promote and recognise the critical role plumbing plays in societal health and amenity.
In Australia and many other developed countries, we tend to take our plumbing, water and drainage infrastructure for granted. We have clean drinking water on tap (pardon the pun), we have long cold showers in summer and even longer hot showers in winter, we flush the toilet on autopilot and we water the plants perhaps a little longer than we should. We are all guilty of taking our plumbing systems for granted, until, something goes wrong and we have to call a plumber!
Here are some facts from the World Health Organisation that should put things into perspective in terms of just how much we take our plumbing and water for granted in developed countries:
- Every 15 seconds a child dies from a water-related disease
- Patients suffering from water-related diseases occupy half of the world’s hospital beds at any given time
- 1 million children die every year from water-related diseases
- 1 billion people do not have access to a safe, reliable water supply
- 6 billion people do not have access to a sanitary toilet system
What are RTL Trades doing to support World Plumbing Day?
At RTL Trades we ensure all our tradesmen and apprentices are well up to speed with the latest legislations and licenses, health and safety and technology in plumbing through training and communication.
RTL Trades have a preventative maintenance plumbing program for Facilities/Service Managers looking after Schools, Universities, Hospitals, Aged Care Facilities etc. and is now starting to be implemented in the Property Management field by companies who are well and truly ahead of the curve. This is to ensure plumbing systems are working at optimum capacity to reduce the risk of unexpected equipment breakdown.
What can you do to support World Plumbing Day?
There are a few small things you can do to help support world plumbing day.
- Using a broom instead of a garden hose to clean your driveway will save 11 liters every minute you clean.
- Putting food coloring in your toilet tank. If it seeps into the bowl, without flushing, you have a leak. Fixing it could save over 3000 liters a month.
- Use a hose nozzle while you wash your car. You will save up to 378 litres every time!
- Use a licensed and experienced plumber – RTL Plumbing – for any problems. Don’t DIY!
Got a question?
Give us a Call – 1300 000 785
Send us an Email – email@example.com
Check us out on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/RTLTrades
Check us out on Twitter – https://twitter.com/rtl_plumbers
Check us out on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/rtltrades/
Check us out on Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/company/rtl-trades/